We all love whisky, the most versatile spirit to liven up our cocktails, food and more. But, have you treated your skin topically with this golden elixir for a lustrous glow? Shocked? Don’t be! Your favourite whisky can now be your exotic, on-the-go beauty regime without blowing your budget. You heard that right, whisky and beauty! And for teetotallers who’ve got a whisky bottle as a present, what better way to use it to work its magic and boost your skin. Elaborate skin treatments in our fast paced lives have truly become a luxury. Amidst work, children and pets, who has the time to really step out to a spa for some TLC? Fret not!
You can be your own skin-soothing genie with these quick whisky-infused face packs that promise a gorgeous glow, while you relax at home sipping from your favourite, warming glass of whisky. This liquid sunshine that we sip, cook and build cocktails with is extremely versatile. It does wonders for your parched skin, especially in this harsh winter season. Made of fermented grains, whisky is gentle to use on the face and prevents it from drying.
Whisky-infused face-packs are truly emerging as the go-to treatment for dull, tired and stressed skin. We share the top benefits of whisky-infused packs here.
Being an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, refining, and a cleansing agent, whisky helps control oil, and acne on your face, restoring the skin’s natural radiance.
This works as an age-defying pack as it helps tighten the pores, reduce dryness, wrinkles, and fine lines.
The malt in the whisky is believed to relax the nerves and stimulate blood circulation that lends that youthful glow.
On the heels of a wedding and upcoming holiday season, these whisky-infused face packs can feed your skin and give you a beautiful visage. Exotic whisky facials and face packs are very popular at spas which can dent your pocket by a few thousands!
Here we share some simple whisky-infused face packs that you can try from the comfort of your home and at your convenience. These face packs are far more effective and boasts of natural ingredients that can be easily availed in your kitchen, making them inexpensive too. Excited? Explore these:
1. Milk powder and whisky – A smooth paste for a smooth face. Combine a tablespoon each of milk powder and whisky with a dash of honey. Massage your face for 3 minutes. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse off with plain water for glowing skin.
2. Egg and whisky – Your skin needs protein just as much as the rest of you. Whisk an egg with a teaspoon each of milk powder, honey, and a few drops of whisky and fresh lemon juice. Once dry, wash off your face with water. Egg will tighten the skin and reduce lines, and you can also bid goodbye to your acne breakouts.
3. Honey and whisky – Combine 1 teaspoon whisky, 1 teaspoon honey and massage your face for a few minutes. Leave the pack on for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off with water. The moisturising and anti-bacterial properties of honey will work its magic on your face.
4. Lemon and whisky – That truly is a tangy combination! Lemon being a natural cleansing and bleaching agent helps reduce the oil secretion, scars and blemishes. Apply equal parts of fresh lemon juice, whisky and honey to your face and neck. Rinse it after 15 to 20 minutes for a radiant glow.
5. Green tea and whisky – Green tea is packed with antioxidants that nourish your skin and clear bacteria. Great for zits and pimples. Spare a sip and to it add 1 tablespoon whisky. Apply this on the affected areas and see your zits dry at lightning speed.
6. Water and whisky - The simplest, potent and best blend. To half cup plain water, add around 2 teaspoons whisky. Apply on your face with a cotton ball and leave it on for 5 minutes. Massage your face and rise with plain water for the quickest glow possible.
Extend your timeless love for whisky to your skin with your favourite tipple. These boozy, whisky-infused face packs will boost your complexion with unmatched radiance. Beautiful skin is only a splash of whisky away.
How To Read A Whisky Label & Understand All The Details On it
Reading the label when you are about to purchase a bottle of whisky is an important activity to understand what you’re getting into. Sure we can ask the person working at the liquor store for help from time to time, but knowing what you like, and being able to find it is pretty important. A lot of whisky drinkers do not move beyond the name brand stuff, and a true whisky lover knows how pivotal avoiding the mainstream can be.
Premium Whisky Gifts for your loved ones this Christmas
There is a popular tradition in certain parts of Europe and USA to leave a mug of whisky or any choice beverage other than the traditional mug of milk out for Santa to drink while on his rounds. Why whisky, you say? It is because milk can be easily contaminated if left outside for more than two hours. Nobody wants old Saint Nick to fall sick when the children are looking out for him, do they? While Santa is having his brew, we might as well dig into the festive ‘spirit’ by gifting our favourite spirits – there’s NO saying NO to WHISKY CHRISTMAS GIFTS! Besides, there is nothing better than this amber coloured ambrosia that warms up your mood when the mercury is down! Whiskey Christmas gifts are an instant mood-lifter, we bet! So, how about digging deep into getting acquainted with some premium whisky gifts this festive season?